Experience: 5 years of field experience in residential construction
Location: Job sites (mostly owner-occupied single-family homes) around metro BostonDetails & Apply
Who We Are
Byggmeister is a worker-owned, woman-led design-build remodeling firm that is striving to be an exemplary steward of Boston-area homes. Our mission (and passion) is to design and renovate homes that are livable, functional, comfortable, beautiful and environmentally responsible. We are an innovative and experienced team that embraces continuous learning and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster a respectful and inclusive workplace culture where everyone can thrive and contribute in meaningful ways to company operations, and we are fortunate to work for homeowners who share our values.
Who You Are
You share our dedication to excellence, our passion for environmental and social responsibility, and our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. You are excited to join a team of creative designers, skilled craftspeople, and building science geeks working to help build a carbon-smart future. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and CTE graduates.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has strong carpentry skills, problem-solving skills, organization, and communication skills
- Brings positive energy, takes on all tasks with enthusiasm, and is a team-player
- Can read and understand construction documents
- Is comfortable with cloud based communications and project management tools
- Is familiar with high performance construction (or has a desire to learn)
- Exhibits supervisory and leadership potential if not actual experience
- Embraces continuous learning
- Maintains personal and jobsite safety at all times
- Must have reliable transportation to work sites around the Boston area
- Tool, cell phone and vehicle allowance
- Paid attendance at conferences and other training opportunities
- Paid time off
- Health and dental insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Opportunity to apply to become an owner after 3 years
Please send a resume and cover letter describing your experience and background and why you want to work with us to Business Manager Maria Washington ([email protected]).