Experienced Carpenterwith interest in becoming a Lead Carpenter
Salary: $28-35/hour, depending on experience
Benefits: worth an additional $6- 7 per hour in the first year (see list below)
Experience: 3+ years of field experienced in residential constructionDetails & Apply
Who We Are
Byggmeister is a design-build remodeling firm that is striving to be an exemplary steward of Boston-area homes. Our mission is to design and renovate homes that are livable, functional, comfortable, beautiful and environmentally responsible. We are an innovative, dedicated, and experienced team that embraces continuous learning and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster a respectful and inclusive workplace culture, where everyone feels welcome and can thrive and contribute in meaningful ways. We are also fortunate to work for homeowners who share our values and with whom we enjoy a high level of trust and respect.
Who You Are
You share our dedication to excellence, and our passion for environmental and social responsibility, and our commitment to equity and inclusion. You are interested in using your carpentry skills to build a carbon-smart future as part of a diverse and multi-talented team of creative designers, skilled craftspeople, and building science geeks. We encourage applications from people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and CTE graduates.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has solid carpentry skills, problem-solving skills, and written oral communication skills
- Has skills, desire and potential to grow into a Lead Carpenter within 1-2 years
- Has a positive attitude, takes on all tasks with enthusiasm, and is a team-player
- Shows ongoing interest in continuing education
- Maintains personal and jobsite safety at all times
- Owns and maintains hand and power tools
- Must have reliable transportation to work sites around the Boston area
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- $1,500 yearly tool allowance, and cell phone allowance
- Paid attendance at conferences and other training opportunities
- Paid time off
- Health and dental insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance, and 401K with employer match
- Opportunity to apply to become an owner after 3 years
Please send a resume and cover letter describing your experience and background and why you want to work with us to Business Manager Maria Washington ([email protected]).